i think we all have those memories of things we did in childhood that when we look back on it now, all we can say is, "huh?" of course, we laugh about it, too, because it all made perfect sense when we were kids. and that, i would have to say, is the epitomy of childhood.
exhibit A
(08/27/08)
not really sure what is going on here--some kind of "dance of the sugar-plum toilet paper" or something...
A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. ~Toni Morrison
exhibit B
(09/18/08)
it was one of those rare occasions when i was cleaning out the van. i had left the music on (at the girls' request) and when i went back to see what was going on, abby and avery were gettin' jiggy with it.
In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips. ~Author Unknown
there is a lot less "huh?" and a lot more "wheeee" to these pictures. you know there are times when, as a parent, ya just gotta indulge your kids and let them "splash in the rain and puddles"....literally!
(09/10/08)
A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty
perhaps one of the best "memories" of all.....
(09/01/08)
To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega
4 comments:
Meag! Those are sooooo adorable!! I'm so glad you shared them. I especially love the little jigs they're doing in the car!
Avery is looking more and more like you every day. I can't believe it!
Keep 'em coming! even if it's late. :)
So cute. SO CUTE! the jig and the toilet paper trance-dance is excellent. The rain, tho, is the one that speaks to my hear. I LOVED the rain when i was little. I loved playing in it and the mud after. I say, you gotta let your kids play in the rain and puddles EVERY time it rains! (unless you live in Portland, in which case they would never get to do anything else. Ever.!) My girls love the rain and the mud and the puddles and the mud, too. Oh, and did I mention the mud? I have A LOT of mud pics!
Oh, Mamie! you exaggerate. It only rains 2 out of 3 days here.... :P
And, did you know, these videos I'm prepping have a shot of Meagan as a baby just eating the mud. Yup, eating, full-on. yum!
Fun, fun! I was checking out my invites to our blog and I clicked on your profile. I didn't know you were keeping up a blog. I'll have to check in more frequently. I can't believe how big the girls are getting, especially Avery! I guess it's b/c we've been gone for almost 2 years :( Cute and great times you are having!
Post a Comment